Just in case you were looking for a way to celebrate today, August 30th is National Toasted Marshmallow Day. While it may still be a bit warm for a fire here in Atlanta, if you live where the weather is getting a chill in the air, make sure to make a s'more tonight. The couple in this newspaper ad from 1946 sure look like they are having a swell time with their marshmallows. Tomorrow is National Trail Mix day, but we will let that one pass without a post.
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy