Just in case you were looking for a way to celebrate today, August 30th is National Toasted Marshmallow Day. While it may still be a bit warm for a fire here in Atlanta, if you live where the weather is getting a chill in the air, make sure to make a s'more tonight. The couple in this newspaper ad from 1946 sure look like they are having a swell time with their marshmallows. Tomorrow is National Trail Mix day, but we will let that one pass without a post.
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again