Next May 8th will be the 125th anniversary of The Coca-Cola Company and we just received the first licensed item celebrating the anniversary. Coca-Cola has produced two Monopoly games in the past, the first was done in 1999 and the second, a Classic Ad Collectors Edition was released in 2005. The goal of the new version is to have standout collectibles items from throughout the 125 year history of the Company.
The item in the Boardwalk game square, which is deemed the most valuable collectible on the board, is the 1891 calendar. I can't argue with that. I will say that we did not see the game board before it was produced and the astute collectors will notice a few inaccurate dates but it is great to see the 125th logo on the box! I can't wait for next May.
The Monopoly game would make a great Christmas gift and can be purchased in stores at Barnes & Noble Calendar Club or Coca-Cola and a variety of speciality retail stores. On-line, it is available from Amazon.com
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership