Keeping with our baseball theme this week, as we approach opening day of baseball season, for our Friday Spotlight of the World of Coca-Cola I wanted to highlight a new exhibit case we just installed with artifacts from the bottle we recently removed from Turner Field. The case displays a variety of the sports equipment and balls that were on the old bottle. Make sure to check it out if you are in Atlanta.
We also had a a couple of Braves schedules that Coca-Cola has used as advertising. One from Milwaukee (where the Coca-Cola Collectors Club will meet this summer,) from 1953 and the other from Atlanta from 1979. Quite a change between the two schedules.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement