This week, many around the world are celebrating the Iranian New Year, Nowruz. Nowruz has been celebrated for over 3000 years by Iranians and people in parts of Southwest Asia and Europe as well. If you were curious, we are now in the year 1389 according to the Persian calendar. The local bottling plant in Tehran, Iran opened in 1335, or October 11, 1956. In recognition of Nowruz, enjoy these 1956 print ads from Iran.
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History