This week, many around the world are celebrating the Iranian New Year, Nowruz. Nowruz has been celebrated for over 3000 years by Iranians and people in parts of Southwest Asia and Europe as well. If you were curious, we are now in the year 1389 according to the Persian calendar. The local bottling plant in Tehran, Iran opened in 1335, or October 11, 1956. In recognition of Nowruz, enjoy these 1956 print ads from Iran.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement