This week, many around the world are celebrating the Iranian New Year, Nowruz. Nowruz has been celebrated for over 3000 years by Iranians and people in parts of Southwest Asia and Europe as well. If you were curious, we are now in the year 1389 according to the Persian calendar. The local bottling plant in Tehran, Iran opened in 1335, or October 11, 1956. In recognition of Nowruz, enjoy these 1956 print ads from Iran.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas