We are celebrating another birthday today. On July 27th, 1970, The Coca-Cola Company announced that it was continuing its development of protein based beverages with the introduction of Samson in Surinam. We have blogged previously about the different nutritional beverages, Samson followed Saci in this space. While it was originally sold in bottles, later, a powdered version was released. We have samples of both the powder and the bottles on display in the innovation section of the Milestones Gallery at the World of Coca-Cola.
If you are interested in more information, I have attached the original press release. Download Samson 1970 Press Release
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals