We are celebrating another birthday today. On July 27th, 1970, The Coca-Cola Company announced that it was continuing its development of protein based beverages with the introduction of Samson in Surinam. We have blogged previously about the different nutritional beverages, Samson followed Saci in this space. While it was originally sold in bottles, later, a powdered version was released. We have samples of both the powder and the bottles on display in the innovation section of the Milestones Gallery at the World of Coca-Cola.
If you are interested in more information, I have attached the original press release. Download Samson 1970 Press Release
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times