We are celebrating another birthday today. On July 27th, 1970, The Coca-Cola Company announced that it was continuing its development of protein based beverages with the introduction of Samson in Surinam. We have blogged previously about the different nutritional beverages, Samson followed Saci in this space. While it was originally sold in bottles, later, a powdered version was released. We have samples of both the powder and the bottles on display in the innovation section of the Milestones Gallery at the World of Coca-Cola.
If you are interested in more information, I have attached the original press release. Download Samson 1970 Press Release
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times