A long while back, I told you a little about the Coca-Cola delivery truck from Argentina that is on display at the World of Coke. For our spotlight this week, we have a video that chronicles the story of how we got the truck, and its travels from Buenos Aires, across the ocean, and eventually into the building. As you may remember, our bottler in Argentina, David Lee (who you'll see in the video) loaned us the truck for permanent display in the Milestones of Refreshment gallery. Ted Ryan, a member of my team, drove the truck into the building in June of 2006, and that's when I recorded this video. Our current weather in Atlanta is far from the sunny day we had for this interview.
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion