I can't wait to watch the Olympics games in Vancouver the next two weeks. I have always enjoyed the action of the sports of Winter Games and the beauty of the opening and closing ceremonies.
When we were working on the exhibits for the World of Coca-Cola, we discussed several ways to try to document and celebrate the 82 year relationship between Coca-Cola and the Olympics. I have already blogged about the Olympic Torches we have on display. Today, I wanted to share some of our artifacts which deal with the great spectator sport at the Olympics - Pin Trading. We have an entire wall of pins sets in the Milestones of Refreshments gallery at the World of Coke.
I can not show all the pins in this blog post, so I created an album of some of the pins on our Coca-Cola Archives Facebook page. You can check them out on that site.
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display