"May the force be with you."
Today is Star Wars day on my calendar. In a play on words from the famous phrase in the movie, May 4th becomes "May the fourth" be with you! In honor of this auspicious event, I wanted to highlight the original four Coca-Cola Star Wars glasses that were so popular when they were introduced in 1978.
The glasses were used as a cooperative promotion with Coca-Cola and Burger King. The glasses were given away with the purchase of a drink, one glass per week over a period of four weeks. The glasses featured artwork on one side and then a description of the characters on the opposite side. Burger King and Coca-Cola logos were also on the glasses. It is interesting to note that the description on the glass with Han Solo and Chewbacca features the Wookie more prominently than the swashbuckling hero.
As collectibles are concerned, you will not be able to put you kid through college selling the set of four glasses, but they are still a great item that brings back memories of the movies.
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta