I visited East Lake Golf Club today to make plans to set up an exhibit of historic Coca-Cola golf material for at the club for The Tour Championship presented by Coca-Cola which will be held in two weeks. At one point in my career prior to joining The Coca-Cola Company, I was the Bobby Jones Curator at the Atlanta History Center. East Lake is the course where Jones learned to play and has always been one of my favorite golf clubs because it has such a rich golf heritage. If you are able to attend the tournament, make sure to visit the pro shop where they have a vintage vending machine. Pretty nice looking machine and the Bobby Jones Coca-Cola cutout to the right of it is a nice touch.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler