Our group always has interesting assignments pop up. We were recently asked to help our Coca-Cola North America Sports group source a vintage vending machine to be given to the winner of the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte this Memorial Day Weekend. Working with Terry Kimble of Remember When Collectibles , we were able to buy a 1958 Vendo 44 machine and have it delivered to Charlotte Motor Speedway. Yesterday, during a press conference at Victory Row, driver Denny Hamlin was posed with the machine he is hoping to win this weekend. Denny is a member of The Coca-Cola Racing Family, so I will be pulling for him or one of our other drivers to take it home.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History