In the section on the international expansion of The Coca-Cola Company in the Milestone of Refreshments Gallery at the World of Coca-Cola, we have quite a few international posters in a variety of languages. However, each time I go through the gallery, I inevitably get questioned about what the phrases on two Dutch posters mean in English. Today, I decided to find out and share it with you.
The one below is a Dutch poster and the phrase "Ik Ook" translates to "Me Too!"
This second piece is an original oil painting and according to some web searching, the Dutch phrase "Op Stap" translates to "Move On." If you have a better translation, please let us know, but this is what I am going with for now.
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit