Readers of the blog will know that we frequently feature Coca-Cola as an ingredient in cooking. As we are based in Atlanta and have access to a number of local chefs and restaurants, many of the videos and recipes we have used are focused on the cuisine of the American South.
One of my colleagues set out to change that. June Kong-Dhanabalan, is the Public Affairs and Communications Manager for Coca-Cola in Singapore. She worked with a noted cooking enthusiast in Singapore and sent me the video they made of the creation of a whiskey and Coca-Cola beef stew.
As June noted:
During the holidays, my friend Hsien, an inventive foodie, wine enthusiast and instructor in culinary and catering management in Singapore concocted this yummy stew made with bourbon and Coke - a stick-to-your-ribs one dish meal that is simple enough for the fledgling chef to attempt!
Great with crusty bread or served over linguine or with a side of couscous! Download Whiskey Coke Beef Stew Recipe
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History