To help celebrate the 125th anniversary, on Saturday, May 7th, the World of Coca-Cola had a dance mob perform routine to the One Night Only song "Can You Feel It." The dance was choreographed by KiKi Ely, a noted Atlanta choreographer and 125 people came to the World of Coke to perform.
I spoke with Brittaney Zellner who is Associate Digital Media Manager for the World of Coca-Cola and she gave me some of the behind the scenes details on how the performance was planned. On April 26th, the World of Coke sent a notice via it's Facebook page that they were looking for dancers. 125 of the respondents were selected and were e-mailed a video of the dance choreography to learn. On May 7th, right as the doors of the theatre opened to allow a large crowd into the hub, the dance began with a few people and took off as the crowd of dancers swelled.
Enjoy the video and let me know what you think.
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests