To help celebrate the 125th anniversary, on Saturday, May 7th, the World of Coca-Cola had a dance mob perform routine to the One Night Only song "Can You Feel It." The dance was choreographed by KiKi Ely, a noted Atlanta choreographer and 125 people came to the World of Coke to perform.
I spoke with Brittaney Zellner who is Associate Digital Media Manager for the World of Coca-Cola and she gave me some of the behind the scenes details on how the performance was planned. On April 26th, the World of Coke sent a notice via it's Facebook page that they were looking for dancers. 125 of the respondents were selected and were e-mailed a video of the dance choreography to learn. On May 7th, right as the doors of the theatre opened to allow a large crowd into the hub, the dance began with a few people and took off as the crowd of dancers swelled.
Enjoy the video and let me know what you think.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)