Because when the full date is said aloud it sounds so close to the famous line from the Star Wars films, today, May 4th, is Star Wars Day to my kids. Last year I illustrated our Star Wars day post with photos of the special commemorative glasses produced as a promotion with Burger King. This year, I am using the R2D2 Robot which was produced and distributed in Japan as a promotion for the movie. Note the Coke logo on the base. I actually just used this artifact as a part of a case on Coke and pop culture in an exhibit that will open in Singapore at the end of the month. If you happen to be in Singapore, make sure to view the exhibit.
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola