Because when the full date is said aloud it sounds so close to the famous line from the Star Wars films, today, May 4th, is Star Wars Day to my kids. Last year I illustrated our Star Wars day post with photos of the special commemorative glasses produced as a promotion with Burger King. This year, I am using the R2D2 Robot which was produced and distributed in Japan as a promotion for the movie. Note the Coke logo on the base. I actually just used this artifact as a part of a case on Coke and pop culture in an exhibit that will open in Singapore at the end of the month. If you happen to be in Singapore, make sure to view the exhibit.
More on Journey
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria