I am a HUGE University of Kentucky basketball fan, and have been since 1993. So, you can imagine how delighted I was we received this a pair of tickets from a 2009 Kentucky game. They came in to the Archives with a collection of tickets with the Coke logo on them. The 2009-2010 team just happens to be my favorite Kentucky team in my nearly 20 years of rooting for them. Tonight is "Midnight Madness", or as it is called at Kentucky, "Big Blue Madness", which is the official launch of practices for the team for the season. At Kentucky, 24,000 tickets sold out in less than an hour to watch this event! Every now and then, I have to tolerate a colleague or two who prefer the Duke Blue Devils National Championship commemorative Coke bottles, but that's when I point them to the collectibles pictured below. Go Big Blue!
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes