On August 27th, Coca-Cola Singapore named Desmond Yeo as the biggest Coca-Cola Collector. The search for the biggest collector was part of their 125th Anniversary events. The competition for the title was very stiff with over 60 contestants from Singapore and even Malaysia entering. Call for entries were made through traditional media such as advertisements in Singapore newspapers – The Straits Times, The New Paper, Lianhe Zaobao and Lianhe Wanbao, as well as online media such as Coca-Cola Singapore’s website, Facebook and Twitter page.
You can watch the videos with the top three finishers here.
“I am very honoured to be named the biggest Coca-Cola collector in Singapore. I have been collecting Coca-Cola memorabilia for more than 15 years, and every new item to my collection brings me happiness,” said Mr. Yeo.
Mr. Yeo had previously participated in Coca-Cola Singapore’s search for the most passionate Coca-Cola fan in 2000 when the “Enjoy” campaign was launched at Ngee Ann City. He was shortlisted as one of the finalists, but fell short of being the grand winner.
Eleven years later, Mr. Yeo shows Coca-Cola Singapore how his Coca-Cola collection has almost doubled in size, literally filling every possible space in his room, leaving only just enough place for his single-sized bed. “My first collectible was a Coca-Cola bottle from the Philippines that I bought from a provision shop near my workplace. From that point, I found myself collecting more and more, and before I knew it, I was addicted,” revealed Mr. Yeo.
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times