A few weeks ago, I was delighted to greet two collectors from China to our Atlanta Headquarters. Without question, these collectors were among the most enthusiastic fans of the brand that I have ever encountered. Their passion was to collect packaging for Coca-Cola from all over the world, particularly bottles and cans that were associated with unique events like the Olympics, the World Cup and the Shanghai Expo.
One of the collectors, a man named Cheng Zhang, made his brand love part of his wedding celebration this past Fall. Guests who attended his wedding reception received special commemorative cans of Coca-Cola. A photo of the happy couple had been produced as a decal and attached to the can. The result was a truly special, unique package that will serve as a wonderful souvenir of their special day.
Mr. Zhang presented me with one of these special cans that I have added to our packaging collection. Our team wishes Mr. and Mrs. Zhang many bountiful years together. Sharing a Coke with their friends and family certainly got them off to a good start.
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?