As our American readers will know, spring training has begun in Florida and Arizona for the 2012 baseball season. As a lifelong Atlanta Braves fan and baseball fanatic, I always look forward to spring training because it symbolizes a new year and season. The former Baseball Commissioner who passed away in 1989 said it best when he described baseball in his book, A Great and Glorious Game: Baseball Writings of A. Bartlett Giamatti “It's designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything is new again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains comes, it stops, and leaves you to face the fall alone.” On a somewhat less weighty level, we recently acquired a series of plastic advertising pieces featuring all the National League teams of the time. Each team was depicted with a caricature to represent the name or logo. How many of you can name where the teams are now and which are the new ones?
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership