I am in Cape Town to interview Albie Louw about his 1959 album with the Coca-Cola advert on the cover. Ironically, this issue of Coca-Cola Overseas with Cape Town on the cover was probably the current issue at the time Albie's "Wonderful One" album was released. The caption on this photo in the magazine read, "A magnificent view of Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town nestled between the heights and harbor entrance." By the way, we did a video interview with Albie's old friend, Jacob Clarence, yesterday. You will never believe how he came across our original blog post when we asked the world if they knew about his friend! Stay tuned!
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History