One of the things I really enjoy about working in the archives is when we have new items to catalog - here is a painting that Ted just acquired. I did some research on the artist, Lawrence Wilbur and found out that he studied under N.C Wyeth, another artist who produced Coca-Cola images. It may be hard to tell that some of the brush strokes are thick but you can see the colors are very vivid. I wonder if that little girl is asking to pet the horse or for a sip of the Coca-Cola?
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit