One of the things I really enjoy about working in the archives is when we have new items to catalog - here is a painting that Ted just acquired. I did some research on the artist, Lawrence Wilbur and found out that he studied under N.C Wyeth, another artist who produced Coca-Cola images. It may be hard to tell that some of the brush strokes are thick but you can see the colors are very vivid. I wonder if that little girl is asking to pet the horse or for a sip of the Coca-Cola?
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes