Coca-Cola is on the verge of celebrating 85 years in South Africa in 2013. To celebrate this upcoming milestone, I will be blogging live from South Africa this upcoming Founders Day (May 8) week. We will be sharing local stories from the brand's heritage in the country. Did you know that Johannesburg and Coca-Cola share the same founding year, 1886? To kick off what will be an interesting local lens on the brand, I am sharing this 60 year old "Peak of Purity" print ad from March of 1952. It reads, "Manufactured and Bottled in South Africa". Stay tuned to the blog and our Twitter feed next week for more!
More on Journey
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator