Diamond Restaurant, Charlotte, NC
We need your help! Readers of this blog will know that we are closet
"foodies" and a number of our posts and videos in the past have focused
on Coca-Cola and food, not only as an accompaniment, but also as an ingredient. We have posted countless recipes for
chili. I blogged about
The Five Spot in Seattle with their famous Coca-Cola Brisket and we have posted videos from
The West Egg,
Carvers Country Kitchen,
Holeman & Finch and even the famous
Varsity in Atlanta.
We are trying to gather a list of places across the US (or even anywhere in the world) that either use Coca-Cola as an ingredient, serve Coke in an unusual way (like an old time fountain) or have Coca-Cola memorabilia as part of their decoration.
Our Summer Intern, Ginny Van Winkle mapped out the 40+ locations we have identified. Take a look at the map as you are planning your travels and share this blog with you friends and lets
see if we can get a nice list of interesting places for Coca-Cola and food. Think of it as a
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (one of my favorite shows) of Coca-Cola. I took both photos on this post in the last month. At The Coca-Cola Collectors Club annual meeting in Charlotte, I had some great chicken wings with a Coca-Cola/Jack Daniels sauce at the Diamond Restaurant and last week had a Coke Float at Nifty Fifty's Soda Fountain in Port Townsend, WA.
Send your restaurant suggestions to email@example.com and we will add them to our list! ^TR
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement