For years we have had the restored version of "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" ad on our companion YouTube Channel. As you would expect with one of the greatest ads ever made, it has always been one of the top performing videos on our channel. I recently noticed a spike in comments and views of the ad and I was curious to see where the traffic was coming from.
Today I found it! msn.com featured a story on the 12 greatest advertising jingles. The story was written by Bruce Kennedy. "Buy the World a Coke" was included in the list along with a few of the stories about the creation of the ad. I have to admit that Bruce picked a pretty solid list. I have been humming "You Deserve a Break Today" and "Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz" since I saw visited the site. What do you think of the ranking? ^TR
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola