Yesterday, I got to take a bus trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee to give a presentation on the history of
The highlight of my day came when I met Robert, who is pictured below with me at a great shop called The Ice Cream Show in Chattanooga. Robert told me that he had a Coke every afternoon between 3-4 PM, and loves ice cream at night. He is an 80 year-old Alabama native, and even has a case of the Coca-Cola Bear Bryant commemorative bottles, a favorite among Coca-Cola Collectors. Please join me in giving Robert a Coca-Cola salute!
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement