Last week I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Singapore where our office hosted a breakfast with the Singapore Coca-Cola Collectors Club. I had sent a small collection of US and Singaporean Coca-Cola items to create a small exhibit in the Shangri-La ballroom where the meeting was to take place. The morning of the event, I was excited to see about 40 collectors and Coca-Cola Singapore workers arrive for the breakfast. Many had brought items to show and share with me and the other collectors.
The small exhibit was a hit and many of the collectors had never seen the series of print ads from 1952 that had appeared in Singapore. The event was exciting with trivia contest, door prizes and a auction to benefit the Red Cross.
The part that I enjoyed the most was getting to meet the collector community, many of whom I only knew from their Singapore Coca-Cola Collectors Facebook group. The passion they showed for our brand and their hobby was contagious. I was excited to be able to share some our our treasures from the Archives with such an enthusiastic group. I hope I can attend another meeting at some point in the future! ^TR
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler