"A Great Drink to Eat With!" declares this 1937 ad, featuring an autumn barbecue. We have to agree. In fact, our Food section is chock-full of features on barbecue alone, from recipes for Coke-based barbecue sauce to stories on the passionate debates over barbecuing traditions.
This 1938 painting was created by artist Haddon Sundblom. If that name sounds familiar to you, you're probably well-versed in your Coke lore: Sundblom is perhaps most famous as the creator of the
This 1951 ad depicts a couple enjoying an outdoor picnic. We believe in simple moments of happiness like this - so much so that we recently transformed a drab city square in Lithuania into a pop-up park full of picnic baskets, kites, frisbees and music.
More on Journey
- New York Tastemakers Toast Diet Coke Relaunch at Exclusive Party
- Coca-Cola Racing Family Celebrates 20 Years
- ‘Because I Can’: Diet Coke Launches Campaign to Support Rebrand in North America
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
- Love at First Sip? ‘Share a Coke' Bottle Plays Role of Cupid in Now-Engaged Couple's Serendipitous Meeting