Coke and ice cream--it's a long celebrated union that's brought frosty refreshment to many a hot summer. While Coke Floats well out date U.S. President Ronald Reagan's 1984 declaration making July National Ice Cream Month, what a great and timely inspiration for this week's Throw Back Thursday #TBT.
So come back in time with us as far as 1931 when Coke and ice cream paired up for England's National Dairy and Ice Cream convention. After scrolling through our slideshow send us your favorite ice cream pictures and let us know what decade you think the float was king. A hint to those of you looking for ice cream recipes: our last slide is too delicious to miss.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes