The TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola is one of my favorite golf tournaments. This event, which closes out the FedEx Cup Playoffs features the top 30 golfers in the world as determined by points the players have received for placing in events earlier in the year. East Lake Golf Club has served as the home of the Tournament since 2005.
Since 2009, in addition to a pretty big check, the winner of the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola has also received a restored, working vintage vending machine. Terry Kimble of Remember When Collectibles has provided the machines and we have helped set up the display to highlight the machine in front of the East Lake Golf Course.
This year, we have a beautifully restored Vendo 44 on hand for the winner. We also have a twist, we worked with the editorial team from Coca-Cola Journey who filmed the restoration of the machine from beginning to end. The pride that Terry takes in his work is very evident and the finished machine really does look like a work of art. You can watch the vido here.
I was at East Lake Golf Club yesterday morning as we had the machine placed in front of the Clubhouse and filmed the final delivery of the Vendo. As you watch the tournament this weekend, you can be a bit envious that the winner will be taking home a check... and the Vendo! ^TR
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement