Mother's Day 2014 is right around the corner, but Coca-Cola has been celebrating moms for decades. For this Throwback Thursday, take a look back at some of Coke's classic ads honoring mothers - and get some inspiration from the stories we're publishing today, too!
This ad from 1950 features a young girl serving her mother a Coke on a warm spring day. Want to treat your mom to her own special afternoon? Check out our guide to hosting a low-key, low-cost Mother's Day brunch!
Coke is the perfect drink for a "hobby-break," according to this ad from 1957, which features a family working together on a tile-mosaic table. Feeling creative yourself? Try one of these 7 unique ideas for celebrating your mom this holiday!
This Mexican ad from 1968 quotes Antonio Mediz Bolio, saying that "admirable mothers are always blessed...they give us everything without asking for anything." Read the stories of three moms and what they say are the most special gifts they've ever received for Mother's Day.
"If she can look up to you, she'll never look down on herself," says this ad from 1985. We asked three celebrity chefs how they looked up to their own mothers - read what they say they learned from mom.
More on Journey
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Reverse Care Package: U.S. Army Soldier Sends Her Parents Surprise Thank You in Minute Maid #doingood Film
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive