The Northern Neck
Most fans of
So what does Barefoot Boy have to do with Montross? The answer is Ashby Carver. For the annual celebration of the May Spring Fair, a young Mr. Carver, the son of the bottler, Arthur E. Carver, Sr., was enlisted as a substitute model for the Barefoot Boy. As you can see from the photos, Ashby performed his role with a smile during the 3/4-mile parade route.
Even the dog looks happy. But I bet he still didn't get the sandwich!
Ted Ryan is director of heritage communications at The
More on Journey
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category
- Meet Canada's Top Coca-Cola Collector
- How Coke’s U.S. Business is Changing in Line with Consumer Tastes
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas