This infographic from the Ocean Conservancy shows that many of the most commonly found pieces of trash during a coastal cleanup include items we use every day from food wrappers to beverage containers to plastic bags.
The above graphic was created and distributed by Ocean Conservancy (April 2013).
More on Journey
- Getting to the Corps: Young (and Sometimes Unlikely) Conservationists Reflect on Their Time in L.A.’s Backyard Forest
- Release of Chinese Deer into Natural Environment Marks New Step for Nearly Extinct Species
- A Media Trip That Changed My Life
- WEF Africa 2017: Creating Mixed Livelihoods for Africa’s Electric Youth
- Coca-Cola Partners with Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources and Ko’olau Mountains Watershed on Replenishment Project