Variety is the foundation of our commitments to our consumers. With our range of beverage products, package sizes and nutrition information provided on our packages, we strive to inform, motivate and empower consumers to make sensible beverage choices. Our goal is to help people around the world lead healthier lives by providing beverages for every lifestyle, life stage and life occasion. Read our "Advertising and Marketing to Children Policy."
We have over 500 beverage brands inclusive of more than 3,500 beverages. They range from full-, reduced-, low- and no-calorie sparkling beverages to still beverages such as 100 percent fruit juices and fruit drinks, waters, sports and energy drinks, teas and coffees, and milk- and soy-based beverages. All of these beverages are made of high-quality ingredients and can be part of a healthy, balanced diet.
In 2011, the Company launched more than 500 new beverage products globally, including more than 100 low- and no-calorie options for consumers. Since 2000, our average calories per serving have decreased by 9 percent globally . To date, we have more than 800 low- and no-calorie beverage products – nearly 25 percent of our global portfolio.
As an additional way to help consumers manage calories, we continue to introduce smaller packaging sizes in markets throughout the world. In the United States, we introduced the 8-ounce, 100-calorie aluminum cans of
Understanding the growing consumer need for products that deliver enhanced beverage benefits, we offer functional beverages that can help consumers address nutrition gaps and performance needs. For example, NutriJuice, a vitamin- and mineral-fortified orange juice drink specifically developed to help address the problem of iron-deficiency anemia and malnutrition in children, was launched in the Philippines in 2007. To date, approximately 36,000 children have benefited from consuming this free product which is provided to elementary school children during the school year. In 2008, we introduced Powerade Zero -- a calorie-free beverage with electrolytes and B vitamins -- which offers consumers health benefits and hydration in a no-calorie option. Other fortified products are Nurisha, ViMngo and Nuricier.
The Beverage Institute for Health & Wellness
The Institute fosters:
Please visit www.beverageinstitute.org for more information, including research, publications and information about nutrition and hydration.
- Understanding of health and nutrition issues facing consumers and the opportunities related to these issues.
- Science and research by advancing existing and emerging nutrition and health science with application to beverages.
- Education so that consumers better understand the basics of nutrition, the role of beverages in nutrition and the necessary balance between diet and physical activity.
- Communication and sharing information to advance knowledge of the science of beverages.
- Community and stakeholder outreach through participation in programs that leverage all of our learnings in the communities we serve.