It's part of Coca-Cola's DNA to strive to make a lasting difference and generate a positive impact in communities worldwide. In Peru, the award-winning campaign “Happy ID” (Spanish: DNI Feliz) is leading this charge.
Coca-Cola “Happy ID,” developed by McCann, invites all Peruvians to make happiness a part of their identity by smiling in their National Identity Document (ID) photos.
Peruvians say "cheese" for their ID photos.
To implement the campaign, Coca-Cola photo booths were installed in main commercial centers around the country. The only way users could activate the photo booths, is with a smile. In addition, agreements were made with photo shops close to the National ID Registration Office to expand the “Happy ID” campaign and massively increase the ID photo registration process. The response: 90 percent of the IDs issued by the government during the first month of the campaign were happy IDs.
Bringing Home More Than SmilesThe “Happy ID” campaign spread happiness well beyond Peru's borders. It was recognized on a global scale as a top-tier winner at the 2014 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, winning a Grand Prix and two Gold Awards.
Coke "Happy ID" wins a Grand Prix at Cannes
The “Happy ID” campaign also won a Golden EFFIE, the most important local advertising prize in Peru, as well a Grand Prix and a Gold Award in the media category at El Sol Festival of Bilbao, Spain.
More on Journey
- Meet the '4-Pack': Coca-Cola and U.S. Athletes Team Up for Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Mobile App From Coca-Cola Japan Crosses 4 Million Downloads
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look
- Coca-Cola Bringing Google-Powered Digital Signage System to Retail, Restaurants, Cinemas and More