If you could open a bottle of
Coca-Cola Israel created custom bottles that, when opened, made stars literally fall from the sky. The bottles featured 3D-printed caps embedded with star-shaped transmitters. When a consumer twisted a cap, the transmitter sent a Wi-Fi signal to one of three drones, which flew 1,000 feet into the air and launched a firework resembling a shooting star.
One teen was invited to the main stage and handed a special bottle in front of an audience of thousands. When he opened it, a star shot out of the sky and his dream – becoming a DJ at a huge party – came true. He played a DJ set later that night.
More on Journey
- Our Way Forward: Outside The Bottle
- Our Way Forward: Inside The Bottle
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience and the Consumer
- For Coca-Cola North America, Small Packs Bring Big Business
- Leading the Way: The Innovative Ways the British Soft Drinks Industry Is Helping to Reduce Sugar Intake