I recently received a package from our office in Hong Kong and was not quite sure what they were sending to the Archives. When I opened the box, I was excited to see they had sent a special collectors box with a set of the six James Jarvis cans I had been reading about.
Jarvis is a well known British Illustrator who specializes in creating cartoon characters. He created the six new characters for special Coca-Cola 125th anniversary items. The can set was complemented by t-shirts, bags and other items. The designs are some of the more interesting Coca-Cola items I have seen in some time.
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem