As I mentioned the week before last, Coca-Cola turned 123 years old on May 8th. How would you have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Coca-Cola inventor John Pemberton was in his lab formulating Coca-Cola? I'm giving a presentation tomorrow on the early days of Coca-Cola, and I wanted to give people a glimpse of what it might have looked like with this video. Be sure to check out his mixing instrument! Also included in this short video are some scenes of life at the popular gathering place at that time - the soda fountain. As you will see, fountain operators actually mixed Coca-Cola by hand with a spoon! The times have really changed over the years. Enjoy.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy