I recently received a request from one of our marketing colleagues on Kinley Tonic, one of our speciality carbonated water brands. While we generally focus on Coca-Cola and our larger brands on the blog, I thought I would share some of the details about Kinley in case any collectors have some packaging and wondered what it was. Kinley was introduced in Germany in 1971 and was conceived and marketed as a mixer. The product originally had two flavors, a standard Tonic Water and a Bitter Lemon. In subsequent years, the portfolio was expanded and the Kinley name was used on a variety of beverages from ginger ales to club sodas and is now sold in Europe and Asia. You can download the account from Nachrichten, our Coca-Cola Germany internal magazine and read about the launch of Kinley in 1971. Don't worry if you can't read German, an English translation is provided on the last page. Download Nachrichten Kinley
More on Journey
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years