One of the things I really enjoy about working in the archives is when we have new items to catalog - here is a painting that Ted just acquired. I did some research on the artist, Lawrence Wilbur and found out that he studied under N.C Wyeth, another artist who produced Coca-Cola images. It may be hard to tell that some of the brush strokes are thick but you can see the colors are very vivid. I wonder if that little girl is asking to pet the horse or for a sip of the Coca-Cola?
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria