In celebration of NASCAR Day 2010, I've decided to featurea NASCAR hood that is on display at the World of Coca-Cola in the Sports and Entertainment Gallery. While it might seem unusual to pair basketball and car racing, LeBron James was featured on a NASCAR hood as a sponsor of Powerade in 2005. NASCAR Day is the third Friday in May and falls on May 21st this year. This day highlights charitable organizations that benefit children and adults alike.
When we were installing this hood in the display case, it was initially too wide to fit in the case. As a last resort, our exhibit designers decided to bend the hood as much as possible until it narrowly squeezed in.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy