More than 200 journalists from around the world got a first look at Coke’s new “one brand” marketing strategy and accompanying global ad campaign today at a media event in Paris.
New creative will for the first time unite Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola light/Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero and Coca-Cola Life under a single tagline – “Taste the Feeling” – and extend the equity of original Coca-Cola across the trademark.
“Taste the Feeling” celebrates the simple pleasure of drinking Coca-Cola, any Coca-Cola, and integrates the product benefits and brand values all variants share. The new campaign replaces “Open Happiness”, which focused more on the brand’s point of view.
He continued, “If we are a big brand, it’s because we have been a simple pleasure… we are bigger the simpler we are.”
Rodolfo Echeverria, VP of global connections, creative and digital, took media through the integrated campaign, which includes TV commercials, photography, music, and an interactive digital experience. All “Taste the Feeling” communications use authentic storytelling with the product center stage, he said.
“We are not only integrating all Coca-Colas under one brand,” Echeverria added. “We are integrating the product functional benefits and brand emotional values by focusing on the drinking of the product and the moments we share with our consumers.”
“Taste the Feeling” will roll out in countries around the world throughout 2016. Click here to read more about the campaign and see the ads.
More on Journey
- First Coca-Cola Cargo E-Bikes Hit the Road in the Netherlands
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'Progress is Achieved in Partnership, Not in Isolation'
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- How Coca-Cola Sparked the Surging Ready-to-Drink Coffee Business in Japan
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years