Because when the full date is said aloud it sounds so close to the famous line from the Star Wars films, today, May 4th, is Star Wars Day to my kids. Last year I illustrated our Star Wars day post with photos of the special commemorative glasses produced as a promotion with Burger King. This year, I am using the R2D2 Robot which was produced and distributed in Japan as a promotion for the movie. Note the Coke logo on the base. I actually just used this artifact as a part of a case on Coke and pop culture in an exhibit that will open in Singapore at the end of the month. If you happen to be in Singapore, make sure to view the exhibit.
More on Journey
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive