Mitarashi sauce is delicious brushed on Japanese dango dumplings.
Dango dumplings (see recipe) are often eaten during the harvest moon festival in Japan with a sweet and salty mitarishi sauce. Left plain, they're often piled on platters in pyramids and left on the family altar as an offering to the moon.
from a recipe by the Nagoya International Center.
- .25 Cup sugar
- .5 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon soy cause
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- .5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk and simmer until thickened over medium heat. Brush over dumplings.
More on Journey
- Bud's Place: An Excerpt from Play it Again Sam: The Notable Life of Sam Massell, Atlanta's First Minority Mayor
Stories of Support: How
Coca-ColaScholars are Helping Their Communities, Post-Harvey
Delivering More Than
- For 45 Years, She Has Refreshed The Big Easy With ‘The Real Thing’
- Behind the Big Red Curtain: ‘I Work for Coke, and These Are Our Brands’