For years we have had the restored version of "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" ad on our companion YouTube Channel. As you would expect with one of the greatest ads ever made, it has always been one of the top performing videos on our channel. I recently noticed a spike in comments and views of the ad and I was curious to see where the traffic was coming from.
Today I found it! msn.com featured a story on the 12 greatest advertising jingles. The story was written by Bruce Kennedy. "Buy the World a Coke" was included in the list along with a few of the stories about the creation of the ad. I have to admit that Bruce picked a pretty solid list. I have been humming "You Deserve a Break Today" and "Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz" since I saw visited the site. What do you think of the ranking? ^TR
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York