Today is National Donut Day. Celebrated on the first Friday of June, the day was created in 1938 by Salvation Army volunteers who first served coffee and donuts to soldiers on the front lines of World War I. Here is a 1954 advertising dangler from our collection that features a Coke and donuts.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership