Readers of the blog will know that I have several calendars I use that list interesting "days" which I draw on for blog ideas. My personal favorite is still Star Wars Day, " May The Fourth Be With You." When I noted in yesterdays post that I was going to skip today as National Trail Mix Day, I received a note pointing out that August 31st is also National Eat Outdoors Day. The poster asked me if there was a day any better for a Coca-Cola than that? You win, Mary. Enjoy this 1949 print ad with a beautiful outdoor picnic scene.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives