In an ongoing effort to expand throughout China, The
Creating Local Jobs
The plant’s benefit to the community is significant, as it creates 500
Muhtar Kent, chairman and CEO of The
Area government officials agree. "This new
With the opening of the new plant, the
An Ongoing Commitment to China
The new Yingkou, Liaoning, plant, which represents a $160 million investment in China, is part of
Last year, on a visit to Shanghai, Kent explained the company’s commitment, saying: "China is one of our most important growth markets in the world as we work to achieve our 2020 Vision goal of doubling system revenues and servings this decade. The new investment is a part of our long-term commitment to invest in innovation, partnerships and a portfolio that will enable us to grow our business in a sustainable and responsible way."
Coca-Cola’s 2020 Vision is part of the company’s plan to “get ready for tomorrow today” and will help guide the company in its effort to achieve sustainable, quality growth, with a mission to refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism and happiness, create value and make a difference.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Scholarship Program Welcomes 100 Students from Middle East and North Africa to the U.S.
- Paving a New Path Forward in Myanmar: ‘Swan Yi’ Arms Women Entrepreneurs With Financial Literacy and Business Skills
- This Cooler Produces a Perfectly Slushy Coke
- Coke's Quincey on Q2 Earnings: The ‘Engine of our Future is Healthy and Growing’
- ‘In Your Dreams, There Are No Limits,’ Coke CFO Tells Business School Grads