Today is New Year’s Eve, which is known as a day to celebrate the incoming year -- and the one we are leaving behind.
I know people who mark the day to both extremes -- and every way in between. They may attend big black-tie parties, go to a restaurant or stay at home.
This 1957 “Sign of Good Taste” magazine ad shows a group staying home with family and friends to ring in the New Year. With popcorn, a fire in the fireplace and bottles of Coke, it sounds like a nice evening!
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen