Today is the Company's Annual Meeting, and I wanted to tell you about the first female member of our Board of Directors. Her name was Lettie Pate Evans, widow of one of the original Coca-Cola bottlers, and she joined the Company’s Board of Directors in 1935. She served until 1953.
Other female Board members have included Anne Cox Chambers (1981-1991), Cathleen Black (1990-present), Susan King (1991-2004), Maria Elena Lagomasino (2003-2006) and Alexis Herman (2007-present).
You can see all of our current Board members here.
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display