Yesterday I attended the opening of a new exhibit at the World of Coca-Cola.
When we opened World of Coca-Cola last May, we featured the works of artist Andy Warhol in the Pop Culture Gallery. The Warhol show was in place for one year, and yesterday we unveiled an exhibit by Georgia artist Steve Penley .
Steve has included Coke in his paintings for years, and we’ve been big fans of his work! In fact, one of his paintings has been part of the Pop Culture Gallery since we opened, and we have several of his paintings hanging in our headquarters.
At the World of Coca-Cola, you can see a video that shows Steve’s process in creating a finished piece and learn a bit about him. I hope you have an opportunity to see his artwork in person and watch that video.
Until then, here’s a different video of Steve talking about the reasons he includes Coca-Cola in his artwork, and – best of all – you can see his quirky personality.
Have you seen Steve’s work in World of Coca-Cola? What do you think?
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals