Yesterday I had the honor of introducing Olympian Sergey Bubka at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta.
Mr. Bubka is the 1988 Olympic gold medalist and the current world record-holder in pole vaulting with 6.15 meters. (That’s more than 20 feet!) His record has stood for almost 15 years.
He’s also a member of the International Olympic Committee and President of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine.
We were thrilled that Mr. Bubka could help us install our latest piece into the World of Coca-Cola – an Olympic Torch from the 2008 Games in Beijing.
Since World of Coca-Cola opened in May 2007, we’ve had a display of Olympic Torches used in the Olympic Torch Relay, an event sponsored by Coca-Cola since 1992. The Torch from Beijing is a great addition to our exhibit.
More on Journey
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times